Students will be considered for enrolment at Eileen O’Connor Catholic College if they meet the following criteria:
- Have been recently assessed as having a moderate intellectual disability and/or a significant developmental disability through an individual assessment consistent with eligibility criteria under current government funding guidelines.
- Present no serious threat of risk or harm to other students or staff.
- Exhibit no behaviours that significantly interfere with, or compromise teaching and learning practices in the classroom or social integration in the playground
- Have completed a primary education, are no older than 16 years 9 months and are seeking placement for Years 5-10 (Stages 3 to 5) in a secondary school setting;
- Are able to toilet themselves without individual assistance on a regular basis; and
- Have sufficient verbal skills to communicate with other students and staff in the classroom and playground.
The enrolment policy for Eileen O’Connor Catholic College is based on the Archdiocese of Sydney Catholic Schools Enrolment Policy. For a copy of this policy, please go to: sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au